These are a great breakfast for all the family. Although they don’t have to be just for breakfast. They are lovely topped with some maple syrup. For baby led weaning, if you heat some blueberries, they will release their own natural juice, which yon can then pour over these before serving. Either way they don’t last very long in my household, my kids LOVE them.
Apple and Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 apple peeled and cored
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbs of oil
- fresh blueberries
- unsalted butter
- Add the apple to a small saucepan and cover with a little water, stew until softened and then drain water and blitz into a smooth apple sauce. Allow too cool
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda to a large jug.
- Add the eggs, apple sauce and oil and then gradually add the milk, mixing as you do. Your batter should be well combined, but still a little lumpy.
- Melt a little butter in frying pan or skillet over a medium high heat and add a couple of dessert spoons of the mix per pancake.
- Add some blueberries to the top of the pancake and then flip over, both sides should be golden. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve either drizzled with some maple syrup or you can heat some more of the blueberries until they release their natural juices and pour this over the top of the pancakes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy