Butternut Squash and Sweetcorn Pancakes – a savoury cheesy pancake recipe with the natural sweetness of butternut squash.
Savoury Pancakes anyone?
My little one LOVED these, they would also be great with cream cheese or hummus etc spread over the top or enjoy them just as they are.
Make up a batch of these and pop a few in the freezer, so that you have some on hand for your little grazer for a quick snack or meal.
To warm up I just heat on a pan on a low heat and they are ready in minutes.
More Pancakes Recipes
Want some other pancakes recipes? Check out these:
- FLUFFY PUMPKIN OATMEAL PANCAKES
- APPLE AND SULTANA PANCAKES
- BANANA PANCAKES
- GREEN PANCAKES
- APPLE AND BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX for more delicious recipes for Little Hands
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @littlegrazers on INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later
- 100g (3.5oz) of butternut squash, cubed
- 100g (3.5oz) of all purpose flour
- 120ml (1/2 cup) of milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tbs (1/4 cup) of frozen sweetcorn
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 25g (1oz) tablespoons of Parmesan cheese or cheddar, grated
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- Add the butternut squash to a steamer over some boiling hot water and steam until softened.
- Place in a bowl and mash, set aside and allow to cool.
- Add the flour and egg and whisk until you have a smooth slightly thick batter.
- Stir in the cheese, sweetcorn and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Grease a frying pan over a medium high heat with some vegetable oil.
- Add heaped tablespoons of the mixture to make mini pancakes and cook until golden on both sides.
VEGETARIAN • NUT FREE • FREEZER FRIENDLY
- vegetarian - use a vegetarian friendly cheese
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Little Grazers are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or are suitable for your little ones. Little Grazers assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
IF YOU WISH TO SHARE THIS RECIPE, THEN PLEASE DO SO BY USING THE SHARE BUTTONS PROVIDED.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or any content in full.All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protecte
Please do not use my images without prior consent.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1.2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 87mg Carbohydrates: 12.6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0.8g Sugar: 1.4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3.9g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy