Beef, Apple and Quinoa balls – delicious nutty flavour of quinoa and natural sweetness of apple with beef in these high protein bites.
High Protein Quinoa Balls
A batch of these, don’t last long in my house. My kids love to dip them in this low sugar ketchup, but I love them with a sweet chilli sauce – soooo good.
These Beef, Apple and Quinoa Balls are great served warm out of the oven or cold, so are perfect for snacks, lunch boxes or taking on picnics.
The Perfect recipe to use up some leftover cooked quinoa. I don’t know about you, but I also cook far too much, so it is super handy to have recipes like this to use up the extra.
Quinoa is so versatile in a lot in many recipes, it is similar in size to couscous, but is gluten free and has a slight nutty flavour to it.
For these Beef, Apple and Quinoa Balls I use some lean ground beef, but you could also use lamb, chicken, pork or turkey, you might want to switch up the apple and try other ingredients that compliment the meat you use. Dried cranberries or apricots for instance go really well with chicken or turkey.
Freezer friendly – these can also be frozen once cooked, and just reheated in an oven at 180c/350f
If you are not dairy free, why not add some grated cheese of your choice to add a yummy cheesy flavour to these. Think wcheeseburger quinoa ball – yum!!
More Quinoa Recipes
Looking for some other quinoa recipes? Check out these:
- APPLE AND CHEESE QUINOA BITES
- ZUCCHINI AND PARMESAN QUINOA BITES
- FETA, RED PEPPER AND SPINACH QUINOA BALLS
- CARROT AND CILANTRO QUINOA BITES
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX for more delicious recipes for Little Hands
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @littlegrazers on INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later
- 500 g (17.5oz) lean ground beef
- 500 g (17.5oz) cooked quinoa
- 1 large apple, grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 handful coriander/cilantro
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- olive oil, in spray bottle
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f
- Add to a large bowl the beef, apple, paprika, cumin, tomato paste,freshly chopped coriander and black pepper
- Add the cooked quinoa to the meat mixture along with the beaten egg and work together thoroughly.
- Form into equal size balls and place on a greased baking tray. Spray over the top with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven until golden all over and cooked through. (approx 30 mins)
- These are great served as they are or with a homemade tomato sauce. The mixture can also be used for burgers or a meatloaf.
Gluten Free • Nut Free • Freezer Friendly
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Little Grazers are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or are suitable for your little ones. Little Grazers assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or any content in full.All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected
Please do not use my images without prior consent.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 10.7gSaturated Fat: 3.2gCarbohydrates: 21.5gFiber: 3gSugar: 2.4gProtein: 21.6g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy