Delicious Mini Zucchini Parmesan Lentil Patties – great served hot or cold.
I recently reorganized all my pantry. I have so many bags of dried lentils, beans, different rice etc and it was a complete mess. So I purchased lots of different size jars and some chalkboard labels
I realized with the reorganization that I had far too much red lentils, thats what happens when your pantry is such a mess that you can not see what you have. I obviously purchased one bag and it became hidden and forgotten about and so I bought another bag.
Not having enough jars to store it all, I figured it was time to come up with a yummy new lentil recipe. One that would be handy in the kids lunch boxes for school the next day.
Just 4 simple ingredients make up these tasty Mini Zucchini Parmesan Lentil Patties, nothing complicated or time consuming. It was just a case of cooking the lentils in some low sodium broth for flavour and then adding the other ingredients, forming into patties and baking until lovely and golden. I may of devoured a couple before they even had a chance to full cool down and leave the baking tray.
These Mini Zucchini Parmesan Lentil Patties are great with a dip, I chose a tomato based one like my Low Sugar Ketchup – my kids are ketchup obsessed, so coming up with this recipe was a good compromise. You could also serve these alongside some healthy homemade soup instead of bread, like this yummy Minestrone Soup or Chicken Noodle Soup.
You could even spread with some butter or cream cheese, or many other delightful toppings.
- 1/2 cup red lentils, uncooked, rinsed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small zucchini, grated and squeeze of excess liquid
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- Add the lentils to a saucepan, cover with the broth
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until broth is almost absorbed. Turn off the heat, add lid and leave for approx 5 mins until lentils are cooked and have absorbed all the broth (it is important the lentils are not wet.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Add the lentils to a bowl, along with the zucchini and parmesan.
- Form into mini patties (I got 10 from the mixture, you may get more or less depending on the size you make them)
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake for approx 25-30 mins until lightly golden.
- Serve with sides of choice
Variation: Try adding different cheeses or grated vegetables
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy