These Banana Oatmeal Cookies are gluten free and delicious with a glass of ice cold milk
I wanted to make some cookies for the kids to put in their lunches and recently have been enjoying homemade banana granola, so this was a bit of a experiment but it totally worked.
These yummy Banana Oatmeal Cookies are made using only 5 ingredients, and have no refined sugars. I use maple syrup to sweeten these, and then butter for the fat, but if you or your little ones have a dairy allergy, then coconut oil will work perfectly too.
To blend the banana with the maple syrup I use the Nutri Ninja Cup of my Ninja Blender Duo (with auto IQ technology).
It’s an awesome blender that features programs to combine pulsing, blending and pausing to the specific type of item you are making.
Of course any blender will do, or if you prefer, you can even just finely mash the banana.
These will keep a few days in a sealable tub. I made 7 large cookies from the mixture, so they didn’t actually last very long in my house, but you can make mini ones or regular sized ones to get more from the mixture if you prefer.
These are also really good broken up and stirred into some yoghurt. Kind of like a granola – yum!!
- 1 cup of oats, can use gluten free
- 1/3 cup /80ml of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted, or coconut oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the banana and maple syrup to a blender and blend till smooth
- Add to a bowl with oats, melted butter and vanilla extract
- Mix well to combine
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture (to desired cookie size) to the tray
- Flatten down
- Bake for approx 20 mins till lightly golden.
Variation: Add a few chocolate chips or raisins
Store in an air tight container - they will keep for a couple of days
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy