I’ve had a can of organic butter beans sitting in my cupboard that I had not got round to using and so today I thought I would use them for a new recipe for you all. I love the taste of mashed butter beans in place of good ole mashed potatoes, but I wanted to put together something different, that would be a finger food and I could add into the kids lunch boxes. This combination worked perfectly. Spread them with a little butter and they are like a very thin cheese scone, but best of all gluten free. Amazing!!
Cheddar and Butter Bean Bites
- 1 400 g can of organic butter beans drained
- 84 g of cheddar
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 tsp of whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- black pepper
- Avocado or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200c, 400f or (gas mark 6)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mash together thoroughly.
- Form into equal sized patties and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Brush over the top with some avocado or olive oil and place in the oven.
- Bake for approx 30-40 mins until golden.
- Serve as is or great with a variety of toppingS, especially kerrygold butter - Yum!!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Used leeks instead of spring onions but these came out really well and were delicious! Definitely making again.