My kids has got a little bit fussy with fish the older they got, so I thought I would come up with a pattie recipe where I can add some tuna and vegetables that hopefully my kids would eat. They were a huge hit, my daughter especially loved them. You can actually add various different grated vegetables to this to vary them up a bit.
Tuna and Sweet Potato Patties
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 cans of tuna 280g
- 1 small zucchini grated
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork and microwave for approx 8 mins till slightly soft. Cut in half, scoop out flesh and roughly mash in a large bowl (If you prefer, you can steam in a steamer until fork tender)
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- While the sweet potato cools down, Add avocado oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Saute the onion to soften, stir in the red pepper and zucchini and just fry for couple more mins.
- Add this to the sweet potato, along with the tuna, pepper, eggs and fresh chopped parsley.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper, form the mixture into equal sized patties, place on tray and bake in the oven for approx 30-40 mins till edges are golden and patties are firm.
- Serve with your choice of sides and a dipping sauce of your choice.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy