If your kids are anything like mine, then they LOVE ketchup. Normal Ketchup is quite high in sugar and if you live in North America area like me, most store bought is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup (nasty stuff) or has far too much sugar. I wanted to make a healthier homemade version, and this really does taste awesome, my kids love it, and It is super quick and easy to make too.
Low Sugar Ketchup
- 2/3 cup of tomato paste 160ml
- 2/3 cup of water 160ml
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar 60ml
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- season with salt to taste optional - omit for young kids
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan, whisk all ingredients together
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 mins.
- Season to taste with salt if using
- Add to a jar or sealable bottle and store in the fridge
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy