These chicken fingers are my kids favorite. The chicken is always so tender and has a lovely flavor from the egg mixture/breadcrumb combo. You can really mix these up with different seasonings/herbs added to the breadcrumb mix too. These are also great served with my Low Sugar Tomato Ketchup. The sides are totally up to you, but I normally pair with some homemade oven baked fries and a veg of choice.
Baked Chicken Fingers
- 450 g chicken breasts cut into strips, 1lb
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard
- 120 g of wholewheat bread 4oz
- 1 tsp of paprika
- pinch of garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to season
- olive oil spray
- Put the wholemeal bread into a food processor to make into breadcrumbs.
- In a shallow dish combine the maple syrup, egg and mustard.
- In another shallow dish, mix the wholewheat breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- Add the chicken strips into the egg mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Dip each egg mixture coated chicken strip into the breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spray over the top with olive oil
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 mins until chicken is golden, cooked through and tender.
- Optional - You can also add some grated cheese to the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy