This is one of my kids favorite soups, I serve it with warm crusty bread and occasionally add a few shavings of parmesan to the top. If your kids are really fussy about veg, you can blend it all up before adding in the pasta and potatoes (you may need to add a little more water/stock though)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 2 large carrots halved and chopped
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 small courgette chopped, zucchini
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable stock 2 litres
- 800 ml of canned plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of ditali pasta 240ml, or use a gluten free alternative
- 2 tsp of Italian herbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Optional: parmesan cheese
Add olive oil to a large sauce pan over a medium high heat.
Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic and fry for about 5 mins until softened.
Add the courgette, tomatoes (break them up with a wooden spoon), tomatoes paste, vegetable stock, Italian herbs, and balsamic vinegar.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 45 mins
Add in the potatoes and pasta and simmer until cooked.
Top with some freshly chopped Italian parsley
Serve and Enjoy!!
(If you like a smooth soup, you can blend it all, before adding in the potatoes and pasta, I prefer to leave it chunky)
Optional: Top with a little parmesan
NOTE: When heating up the next day, you may need to add more stock, as it will thicken from the starch from the potatoes/pasta
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy