Another good recipe for fussy eaters and baby led weaning. My son is fussy about quite a lot of veg, but with this soup the majority of it is hidden so with a nice crusty roll he will eat this. For my daughter I drain off some of the liquid so it isn’t so watery and she tucks in.
Serves 4 (2 adult and 2 kids)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, halved and chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette (zucchini), chopped
- 800ml of vegetable stock
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes (no added salt)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 60g of spaghetti (or similar thread pasta), broken into smaller pieces
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- 2 tsp of olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat.
Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic and fry for about 5 mins until softened.
Add the courgette, tomatoes, tomatoes paste, vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 40 mins
Add half the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, return to the pan, add the potatoes and spaghetti, season with a little black pepper and simmer for a further 25 mins
Serve and Enjoy!!