Simple ingredients and quick to make, your little ones will love these Porridge and Raisin Balls
These porridge and raisin balls are a great breakfast idea for baby led weaning. Much easier for your little ones to grab and devour.
The mixture can be easily played around with too these, add some fruit like mashed banana or apple sauce. Or add some steamed mashed pumpkin or butternut squash with cinnamon.
You could even mix in some fresh fruit instead of the raisins, like blueberries or blackberries etc.
Stir in a little 100% pure cocoa powder and maple syrup for a healthy chocolatey option.
Or want to get some veggies into your little ones meals? Then mix in some grated zucchini or carrot when cooking.
Also if you use gluten free oats these Porridge and Raisin balls will be gluten free. To make this recipe dairy free, you can use coconut milk (canned).
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out these Breakfast Recipes
Porridge and Raisin Balls
- 1/4 cup oats can use gluten free
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp raisins or sultanas or other mix in of choice
- 2 tbsp milk can use dairy free
- Add the oats, water and raisins to a bowl and mix
- Microwave for 1.5 mins until liquid is absorbed
- or cook in a saucepan till liquid is absorbed
- add milk and stir
- Leave for 5 mins to thicken slightly
- roll into balls and serve
Gluten free • nut free • egg free • dairy free
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy