Delicious Apple and Cheese Quinoa Bites – so good that even the adults will love these
Quinoa is such a fab grain to cook with, it makes a great alternative to other foods like rice or pasta etc.
I love how versatile it can be in a variety of different recipes. If you have never cooked with it before, it is quite similar in size to couscous once cooked, but has a kind of nutty taste that goes well with many other ingredients.
Just how good do these Apple and Cheese Quinoa bites look?
These little apple and cheese quinoa bites are great for the whole family. My little girl enjoys these for snacks or lunch. Perfect on their own or with a dip like this Homemade Tomato Sauce
The apple adds a natural sweetness which really compliments the cheddar. They are so tasty that it is hard to resist popping a few in your mouth before the kids even get a look in.
I often add these Apple and Cheddar Quinoa bites to my kids lunches the next day too, as they are great served warm out of the oven or cold.
These can be frozen cooked, and then just added to the oven for a few mins at about 180c/350f to heat up.
Apple and Cheddar Quinoa Bites
- 200 g of cooked quinoa
- 1 large apple grated (I recommend using a sweet variety – I used a lady alice)
- 90 g of cheddar
- 1 egg beaten
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Add quinoa, apple, cheese and beaten egg to a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Form into balls, place on a baking tray and brush over the top with a little olive oil
- Bake in the oven until firm and a pale golden colour (approx 30 mins)
- You could also add some chives or fresh herbs to the mixture for additional flavour.
Gluten Free • Nut Free • Freezer Friendly
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy