The two ripe bananas sitting in my fruit bowl were in desperate need of being used. I didnt want to make my usual banana loaf of muffins and seeing as it was morning time, I decided to add them to my usual pancake recipe and make some banana pancakes for my kids. These went down really well. A great way to use up some ripe bananas.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbs of oil
- unsalted butter
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda to a large jug.
- Add the eggs, banana and oil and then gradually add the milk, mixing as you do. Your batter should be well combined, but still a little lumpy.
- Melt a little butter in frying pan or skillet over a medium high heat and add a couple of dessert spoons of the mix per pancake.
- When you start to see little bubbles appear in the top of the batter, gently flip over, both sides should be golden. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Can be served with fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup or just as they are, kids and adults will love these.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy