The kids love egg and cheese and I am always trying to come up with handy little things to put in their lunch boxes, so they don’t have the same boring ole stuff every day. I had an idea in my head for these for a while and finally got round to making them and it totally worked, my entire family cleared their plates, while muttering all kinds of deliciousness and then demanded I make more, I take that as a good sign.
- 4 slices regular of whole wheat bread crusts removed
- 60 g /2oz Cheddar
- 2 slices of ham sliced in half
- 3 egg
- 1 tsp of butter
- black pepper
- Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 200c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- Whisk eggs and season with a little black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat, add the tsp of butter and add the eggs, cook till scrambled (but don't over cook, as they will cook more in the oven)
- Remove crusts from each slice of bread
- Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin
- Place bread on a baking tray lined with parchment and roll flat
- On each slice of bread, add a ¼ of the cheese
- Add a half slice of ham and then top with a ¼ of the scrambled eggs.
- Then grabbing each corner of the bread, fold it into the centre and pinch together like a parcel, securing with a cocktail stick.
- Brush all the outside with a little melted butter and bake in the oven for 20 mins until lightly golden and bread is crisp.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy