My kids are loving edamame beans at present. I’ve also been doing lots of rice dishes, as I’ve work out if I chop the veg really fine, they will eat it. This rice is really tasty, you could mix in some protein for a main meal or serve it as a side.
Edamame and Vegetable Pilaf
- 1 cup of long grain rice 240ml
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock 480ml
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 cup of fcooked edamame beans
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ghee or other oil of choice, 4 syns
- some fresh coriander to serve
- Add the carrot to a mini food processor and pulse the blade till finely chopped, remove and set aside
- Add the red pepper to the mini food processor and pulse till finely chopped. Add to the carrot.
- Add the ghee to a large deep frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion, cumin seeds and turmeric and fry till softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further few mins.
- Add the rice, carrot, edamame and red pepper and mix well to combine.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover, allow to simmer till liquid is almost absorbed and then turn off heat, but leave the lid on for 10 mins for the steam trapped underneath to continue to cook the rice. (don't be tempted to stir rice when cooking)
- Rinse the rice and add to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the stock, add the edamame beans, bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and all stock has been absorbed.
- Serve topped with some fresh chopped coriander
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy