This is one of my favorite chicken recipes and most kids will love it too. Carrots is probably the only vegetable my eldest will eat without needing persuasion, so is a great one for him also. It has great flavour and is great served along most sides. My favorite is rice, but it also works well with potato wedges.
Ginger Chicken Casserole
Serves 4 (2 adults and 2 children)
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- black pepper
- 300ml of no added salt chicken stock
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- Olive oil
- freshly chopped coriander
Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
Add the chicken thighs to a large bowl, with the onion, garlic, ginger and spices and mix to evenly coat.
Drizzle a frying pan over a medium high heat with a little olive oil.
Add the chicken and onion mix and fry until lightly golden, mix in a little freshly chopped coriander.
Transfer to an oven proof dish.
Place the carrots in a saucepan of boiling hot water and simmer until slightly softened.
Add the carrots to the chicken.
Mix the apricot jam with the stock and pour over the chicken. Season with a little black pepper.
Place in the oven and bake for approx 30-40 mins.
Serve topped with freshly chopped coriander and your choice of sides.