Every time I go to the grocery store, my kids always ask for some fruit roll ups, I guess they have seen them at school, but I am reluctant to give them, due to the high sugar content.
I had a huge papaya that I had bought. Half of it was cubed up and my kids ate it as a snack.
But I had the idea to use the other half to try and make some homemade fruit roll ups.
Just 3 ingredients, and then baked in the oven for 4-5 hours at a low temp, these worked perfectly.
Once cooled, I placed onto parchment paper (or you can use wax paper) cut in strips with some kitchen scissors and then rolled up and tied with a piece of string.
The kids love them and they were a great size for their yumbox lunch boxes
Homemade Papaya Fruit Roll Ups
- 400/14 g/oz Papaya cubed
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4/60 cup/ml maple syrup
- Add the papaya, lemon juice and maple syrup to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Preheat oven to 77c/170f
- Line a large baking tray with parchement
- Pour the mixture on to the tray and spread out as thin as you can with a spatula
- carefully bang the tray on a flat surface, just to ensure the mix is evenly flattened
- Place in the oven and bake for 4-5 hours until firm to touch
- Allow to cool, then place on parchment, cut into strips and roll and tie with string.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy