Another great curry recipe for kids. You can adjust the spicyness to your taste. My kids love the peas in this too and it is great for freezing for another day.
Serves 4 (2 adult and 2 kids) with some left over to freeze
- 400g of lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- heaped teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder (adjust if needed)
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 500ml of no added salt beef stock
- freshly chopped coriander to serve
- black pepper
- olive oil
Drizzle a frying pan over a medium high heat with some olive oil.
Add the onion, garlic, carrot , celery and ginger and cook for approx 5 mins to soften.
Add the minced beef and cook until browned, breaking up large pieces with the back of a wooden spoon while it cooks.
Stir in all the spices and tomato paste and mix to evenly coat.
Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer until meat is cooked through and stock has reduced to a thicker consistancy – approxx 30mins
Stir in the peas at the last few minutes.
Serve topped with freshly chopped coriander and steamed rice.