My kids requested oats for breakfast. So I decided to sneak some good stuff into it and added some pumpkin. Normally roasted pumpkin or similar doesn’t interest my two in the slightest (they will eat butternut squash and sweet potato). But added to their oats with some cinnamon, well what can I say. They devoured it.
You can add any kind of fruit to this and drizzle with maple syrup (although it doesn’t need it if adding fruit, as the sweetness of the fruit is enough).
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of 100% pure pumpkin puree canned
- 2 cups of water
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- milk of choice
- fruit of choice goes well with apple or banana
- Add to a saucepan the oats, pumpkin puree, water, cinnamon, vanilla
- Bring to a boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally till you have a nice smooth, silky porridge.
- Ladle into your bowl, drizzled with a little of your preferred milk and top with fruit of choice.
- Baby Led Weaning: top with steamed soft apple, apple puree or mashed banana (I always gave oatmeal on pre-loaded spoons)
- Optional: drizzle with maple syrup
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy