When I served this up for my kids I wasn’t too sure if my eldest would like it, but oh my was I wrong, I had clear plates from everyone, even my youngest demanded more when she finished her first serving. This is going to be a regular dish in my house from now on, if I continue to get cleared plates like that.
Sausage, Balsamic Tomatoes and Onion with Orecchiette
Serves 4 (2 kids and 2 adults)
- 8 good quality sausages
- 1 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 400g of grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of good quality balsamic vinegar
- 250ml of no added salt chicken stock
- 300g of pasta (I used orecchiette)
- 2 level teaspoons of brown sugar (optional) – it takes away some of the acidity, but I tasted prior to adding too and it would still be delicious without
- black pepper
- olive oil
Remove the casing from the sausages and roughly chop the meat.
Drizzle a frying pan with some olive oil over a medium high heat.
Add the sausage meat, season with a little black pepper and fry until lightly golden.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the onion and fry on a medium heat, until lightly caramelized.
Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sugar, and fry for a couple of minutes, till tomatoes have softened.
Add the sausages back to the pan, along with the stock and simmer, until stock reduces down.
In the meantime add your pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente.
Drain and then add to the sausage mixture and stir to combine.
Top with some fresh chopped Parsley.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Leave a Reply