Whenever I make this for breakfast, my daughter has to grab a fork and come share. She won’t accept her own plate. I suppose it has now become kind of routine. I don’t mind though, if it means she eats some vegetables that should would not normally eat.
This is alsoa great dish to make up a big pan of in advance and then tub up and just heat up each morning. Occasionally I will serve with eggs but sometimes we have it just as it is.
- 1 butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini sliced lengthways and chopped
- ½ red pepper finely chopped
- 5 mushrooms chopped
- few handfuls of spinach
- 455 g of extra lean ground pork 1lb
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of ground sage
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil of choice
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place butternut squash in an oven proof dish, toss with the ghee, sprinkle with paprika and place in the oven and roast for 30 mins
- Remove from oven - add zucchini (courgette), onion, mushrooms, red pepper, mix all together and add back to the oven and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place ground pork, salt, pepper, paprika and ground sage in a food processor and pulse a few times until it all comes together.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat, drizzle with a little oil, add the sausage mix and fry till browned, breaking up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Once cooked, add in all the vegetables and a few big handfuls of spinach. Mix well to combine and till completely heated through, season as needed.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
This looks delicious, I will give this a try.