This rice dish is really versatile, you can add pretty much any vegetables you like and is a hit with kids. It is great served on it’s own or part of a main meal.
Chicken Fried Rice
Serves 4 (2 Adults and 2 Children)
- 2 cups of cooked rice (make sure it is cold)
- 200g of cooked chicken (I used a mixture of breast and thigh meat)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- half red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, chopped finely
- 4 mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons of light reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- groundnut oil (or similar oil)
Heat a wok over a medium high heat and add some groundnut oil to coat.
Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a few mins to soften.
Add the carrot and red pepper and fry for a further couple of mins.
Add the soy sauce and chicken and allow to simmer for a few mins to make sure chicken is thoroughly heated through.
Stir in the rice and peas, then mix well to evenly coat. Then make a hole in the middle of the mixture and pour in the beaten eggs, stirring the egg continously until the egg starts to cook and then you can mix it all into the rice.
Add the sesame oil and spring onions
This is great served on it’s own or as part of a meal
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy