Chicken, Red Pepper and Sweetcorn Risotto
Serves 3 (1 adult and 2 kids)
- 1 chicken breast, sliced up into bitesize pieces
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 120g of arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of frozen sweetcorn
- 3 cups (720ml) of low sodium chicken stock
- black pepper
- freshly chopped coriander
- olive oil
Add your stock to a small saucepan and leave it simmering on a low heat.
Add a little olive oil to a frying pan over a medium high heat, Add your onion, garlic, red pepper and chilli and fry for about 5 mins until softened.
Add the chicken pieces and continue to cook until lightly golden.
Add the arborio rice, then start adding a few ladles of the stock at a time, when that has been absorbed, continue to add a little more and repeat this process, until all stock has been absorbed. Rice should still have a slight bite to it when risotto is ready.
Serve your risotto topped with some chopped fresh Coriander and season with a little black pepper.