Chicken, Red Pepper and Sweetcorn Risotto
Serves 3 (1 adult and 2 kids)
- 1 chicken breast, sliced up into bitesize pieces
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 120g of arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of frozen sweetcorn
- 3 cups (720ml) of low sodium chicken stock
- black pepper
- freshly chopped coriander
- olive oil
Add your stock to a small saucepan and leave it simmering on a low heat.
Add a little olive oil to a frying pan over a medium high heat, Add your onion, garlic, red pepper and chilli and fry for about 5 mins until softened.
Add the chicken pieces and continue to cook until lightly golden.
Add the arborio rice, then start adding a few ladles of the stock at a time, when that has been absorbed, continue to add a little more and repeat this process, until all stock has been absorbed. Rice should still have a slight bite to it when risotto is ready.
Serve your risotto topped with some chopped fresh Coriander and season with a little black pepper.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy