This recipe goes down well in my household – great for fussy eaters as most won’t even recognise it has courgette (zucchini in it) and also great for baby led weaning.
Courgette and Potato Bake
- 1 courgette (zucchini), grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 large russet potato, grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of softened unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- black pepper
- 30g of parmesan (or cheese of your choice)
Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (gas mark 6)
Add the courgette, potato, garlic, butter and beaten egg to a bowl and mix to combine.
Season with a little black pepper
Add mixture to an oven proof dish and push down well.
Top with your grated cheese and bake in the oven until golden.
Slice and serve.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Is the end result thin and crispy? Mine watery and doesn’t stick together, almost like a puree. Where did I go wrong? Is it because I didn’t dry the grates potato and zucchini?
you do need to squeeze all the liquid from the potato. It is crispy on the outside, but softer in texture on the inside (like a hash brown). It shouldn’t be watery or like puree.