I buy a bag of this stuff pretty much every week
except I don’t actually make any kind of slaw with it. I use it for throwing in stir fries and my youngest LOVES it. I don’t remember seeing this in the UK (perhaps any of my readers in the UK will let me know if you can get this), but it is definitely available across US and Canada. It is so handy to have for days when you want to make sure you littles ones have some veg, but also want to cook something quick.
Edamame and Veggie Noodle Stir Fry
Serves 4 (2 adults and 2 kids)
- 200g of lo mein noodles (or similar noodle)
- 100g of frozen Edamame Beans (omit these if you little one hasnt yet got a good pincer grip)
- 200g of broccoli slaw
- 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch/flour
Place the noodles in a bowl of boiling hot water and set aside to soften.
Add the edamame beans to a saucepan of boiling hot water and simmer for about 5 mins. Remove and set aside.
Heat a wok (or frying pan) over a medium high heat and add your oil.
Add your broccoli slaw and stir fry for about 5 mins, you will see the veggie piece start to go slightly translucent.
Add your edamame beans, noodles and sauce ingredients and cook for a further 4 mins (mixing continiously to evenly coat).
Serve in bowls and enjoy!!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy