Rutabaga or swede is one vegetable my kids love. If I just served them up some boring boiled cubes of the stuff, they would most likely turn their noses up, who wouldn’t? but in a stew or mixed with mashed potatoes on top of shepherds pie or similar they actually love it and done this way in cute spirals with my handy Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer it tastes amazing.
Oven Baked Spiralled Rutabaga
- 1 rutabaga spiralled (I like to spiral with two different blades, so you get a variation), swede
- 2 tsps of paprika
- 1 tbs ghee or oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spiral your rutabaga (swede) using a vegetable spiraller ( you can try using a juliene peeler, but you will get straight strands rather than spirals.
- Add to a bowl and add in the ghee (or oil) and paprika and mix to coat
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread out the spiralled rutabaga and bake till golden
- This also works well for any root type vegetable, squash, sweet potato or regular potatoes and makes the shape and texture more interesting for fussy kids.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy