I made these a while back, but had forgot to take some pictures to post the recipe and a few readers have asked for the recipe, as they saw the muffins in one of my sons lunch box pictures. So I made some more tonight to take with me to a party tomorrow. The fruit combination in these is yummy.
Pineapple and Mango Muffins
makes approx 14 muffins
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 cup of pineapple pieces (fresh or tinned), finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of plain yoghurt (I use a high fat content one, as I find it is nice and creamy)
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and then add the mango and pineapple pieces.
In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Then gradually whisk in the yoghurt and oil.
Add this into the flour and fold until all ingredients are combined
Spoon into muffin cases and bake in the oven until slightly golden for approx 20 mins. A wooden skewer entered through the centre should come out clean.
Allow to cool in muffin tin and then transfer to a wired rack.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy