I had a huge bag of baby spinach sitting in my fridge ready to be used up, so decided to go a bit spinach crazy today. This was really quite quick to put together and my little one loved sucking the filling out of the pasta tubes. Sadly my eldest wouldn’t touch it because of the green stuff (spinach). The strangest thing is though he will eat a few baby spinach leaves as they come straight out of the bag, so I did at least get some spinach into him.
Rigatoni Stuffed with Spinach and Cream Cheese
Serves 2 (1 adult and 1 kid)
- 80g of uncooked rigatoni pasta
- few handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 heaped tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- black pepper
- olive oil
- some grated Parmesan cheese
- Gluten Free – Use a gluten free similar sized pasta
- Dairy free – Try blitzing some raw cashews and mix with a little coconut milk, to make a similar consistency to cream cheese. But you can just stir this through the wilted spinach, you won’t need to simmer to melt like cream cheese.
Add the rigatoni pasta to a saucepan of boiling water and cook until al dente, drain and set aside to cool slightly.
In the meantime add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan over a medium high heat. Add your crushed cloves of garlic and saute for a minute of so, just to release the flavour.
Add your spinach and saute until slightly wilted.
Add your cream cheese, milk and a little sprinkling of black pepper into the spinach and stir constantly until the cream cheese is melted and covers the spinach in a thick smooth sauce.
Carefully stuff your rigatoni pasta tubes with the spinach/cream cheese mix (I pushed it into the tubes using a chopstick) and serve topped with some grated Parmesan.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Can’t wait to try this! Great idea.
hope you all like it 😉
Made this tonight but made it with a Stroganoff on top. Damn good however, I made the batch listed and failed to see the amounts were for an adult and child. The combination of the home made stroganoff and the stuffed Rigatoni made it amazing. Next time I’ll triple the amounts ti fill more than 30 noodles. Lol