This curry is so easy to make and great for freezing, my kids love lentils and this is great served with various sides from rice, to baked potatoes or I add it just as it is to their food flask just for them to take to school for lunch.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Lentil Curry
- 400 g butternut squash cubed, 14oz
- 1 cup of green lentils washed and rinsed
- 2 cups of passata 480mls
- 3 cups of chicken stock or vegetable stock 720mls
- 1 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 2 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Add butternut squash to a oven proof dish, with 1 tablespoon of ghee, toss to coat and roast in the oven till softened and golden.
- Add the other tablespoon of ghee to a large pot over a medium high heat and add the onion, garlic and ginger, cook until softened.
- Add all the spices to a mortar and pestle, along with a little bit of water and mix together.
- Add spices to onion, garlic and ginger mixture and stir to evenly coat.
- Add lentils, stock and passata, bring to the boil and reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 45 mins.
- Add in the roasted butternut squash about 10 mins prior to serving time.
- Serve with your choice of side
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Leave a Reply