This stuffing mix is delicious, it can be rolled into balls or just all put into one dish and baked
Bulgur Wheat, Sage and Onion Stuffing Bites
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- leaves handful of fresh sage finely chopped
- 200 g of sausage removed from casing (3.5 syns), 7oz
- 1/2 cup of bulgur wheat (some bulgur wheat you just have to soak not cook
- 1/2 small apple peeled grated (2 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- oil or melted butter for brushing
Add bulgur wheat to a saucepan with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed, remove from heat, then leave with lid on so steam underneath continues to cook it. Allow too cool completely.
Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
Add all ingredients to a bowl, season well and mix together thoroughly.
Form roughly into balls (the mixture will be quite loose, but will keep together once cooked). Or if you prefer place it all in an oven proof dish.
Place the stuffing balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and brush with oil or melted butter.
Place in the oven and bake until lightly golden and cooked through, approx 30-40 mins
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy