Your little ones will love these Sweet Potato Carrot Parsnip Cakes and some of the fussy ones won’t even realise these contain vegetables.
These delicious little bites, combine mashed buttery sweet potato with spiralled parsnip and carrot.
I use a vegetable spiralizer like this one below:
Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer.
(this is an affiliated link, meaning I get a small commision if you purchase)
The paderno is a great tool for making vegetables interesting for you little ones. You can spiral any shaped veg, unlike the smaller handheld ones that will only spiral stick shaped vegetables like carrot and parsnips.
Want to make these up ahead of time? Make up the patties, place parchment or wax paper between each one and you can freeze these. Just pop on baking tray and cook till golden from frozen.
These can also be made dairy free if you swap out the butter and mash the sweet potato with coconut oil. For a gluten free version roll in crumbled Rice Krispies or Cornflakes instead of Breadcrumbs
Serve these delicious Sweet Potato Carrot Parsnip Cakes with my Low Sugar Ketchup
Sweet Potato, Carrot and Parsnip Cakes
Makes approx 8 mini cakes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup of spiralled, carrot, or grated
- 1 cup of spiralled, or grated parsnip
- 2 tbs of butter
- oil of choice
- Pinch of paprika Paprika
- Pinch of Black pepper
- Optional: salt
- Panko Breadcrumbs to coat, or use crumbled cornflakes or rice crispies for a gluten free version
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork and microwave for 6 mins until softened.
- Allow to cool slightly
- Scoop out flesh and mash with butter (or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f
- Drizzle a frying pan with oil
- Add spiralled carrot and parsnip
- And fry for about 5 mins to soften
- Add paprika, black pepper (and a pinch of salt if not for really little ones)
- Add the carrot and parsnip to the sweet potato and mix well to combine
- Form into equal size mini patties
- Roll in panko breadcrumbs till coated
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for approx 20 mins until golden
Gluten Free Version: Swap the breadcrumbs for crumbled rice krispies or cornflakes
Dairy Free - swap the butter for coconut oil
Variation - if your little grazers tolerate dairy, add some parmesan or cheddar to the coating mix
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Leave a Reply