After the success of using sweet potato in my recent Cinnamon Sweet Potato and Oatmeal Muffins. I decided to have a go at using the sweet potato in a savoury type scone recipe, especially as I am trying to come up with some more allergy friendly recipes for some of my views. These worked out surprisingly well. Spread with a little butter or even just as they are they are seriously yummy and great for lunch boxes too.
Gluten Free Cheddar Sweet Potato Scones
- 1 cup of cooked mashed white sweet potato
- 60 g cheddar
- 2 tbs of ghee or butter
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of tapioca flour
- Black pepper to season
- melted ghee or butter to brush over top
- optional: fire roasted tomato flakes
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Form mixture into 8 equal sized patties (or you can make smaller bitesize if you prefer) and place on parchment paper.
- Lightly brush over the top with some melted ghee or butter and bake in the oven for approx 30-40 mins until golden.
- Serve as is or spread with your favorite topping.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy
Can you sub regular flour?
coconut flour is a lot more fibrous than regular flour, therefore you need a lot less coconut flour in ratio to regular, so I couldnt be sure of the measurements. Let me know how it goes, if you try 🙂