Who doesn’t love a creamy bowl of soup? Well this one will not disappoint and it is packed full of healthy vegetables. Cauliflower has been causing a storm at the moment – omg have you seen the price? But luckily, I had a huge bage of frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots) from Costco which was perfect (you’ve got to love Costco, right?).
If your little one hasn’t yet mastered a spoon, they will love grabbing and gnawing at some of the soft creamy vegetables.
Creamy Vegetable Soup
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 5 cups heaped of mixed frozen veg (broccoli carrots and cauliflower)
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- pinch of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch or corn starch
- black pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter
- Optional: also works well with some frozen corn added
- Add the ghee to a deep saucepan over a medium heat with oil and add the onion, saute for a few mins until translucent, add the garlic and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the veg, dried thyme and broth, bring to a boil and then simmer, covered for approx 20 mins.
- Add the coconut milk
- Mix the tapioca starch with a little water to make a paste and stir this into the soup. Heat gently until soup thickens.
- Season taste with black pepper
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy