I’ve been enjoying creating different types of fritters or patties lately. It is a great way to get in some extra veg to my kids. I have served these on the side with soup, with dips and even topped with eggs for breakfast. They make a great side to compliment some protein.
Cheesy Potato and Vegetable Fritters
- ¾ cup of cooked mashed white potato
- ¾ cup of cooked mashed sweet potato (I just pierce a medium size of each potato and put in the microwave for about 8 mins till soft allow to cool, mash and measure as needed)
- half an onion finely chopped
- 1 zucchini grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 120 g of cheddar grated
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch
- 2 eggs
- black pepper to season
- avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add some avocado oil to frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry for a few minutes till translucent.
- Add the carrot and garlic and fry for a further few mins.
- Add to a bowl the potatoes, zucchini, cheddar, eggs, tapioca starch and sauteed onion, carrot and garlic.
- Season with a little black pepper.
- Mix all together with a spatula.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and roughly form the mixture into 12 equal sized patties and place on the tray (mixture will be quite wet, but will firm together when cooked)
- gently brush over the top with avocado oil and bake in the oven for approx 20-30 mins until firm and golden.
- Great served with sour cream.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy