This is such a quick and easy meal to put together. It’s a favorite when I have nothing else prepared and the kids are hungry and I need to put together something fast. Not only is it quick to make, but it is tastes amazing. There is no better combination on pasta, than fresh tomatoes and garlic.
Tomato and Garlic Pasta
- 160 g of spaghetti can substitute with gluten free
- 6 ripe vine or roma tomatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- chicken or vegetable stock
- splash of red wine vinegar
- black pepper
- Olive oil
- freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Shavings of parmesan omit if dairy free
- Drizzle a little olive oil in frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and fry till softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, splash of red wine vinegar and a little bit of stock and simmer away, stirring ever now and then.
- As the stock reduces down, keep adding a little more, you want to keep doing this, until the tomatoes break down and become more sauce like.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, you can cook the spaghetti, add it to a pot of boiling hot water seasoned with a little salt and cook till al dente (approx 7-10 mins)
- When sauce is ready, add the spaghetti into the sauce with a couple of ladles of the pasta water and stir to coat the pasta in all the sauce.
- Season with a little black pepper, and a sprinkle of fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Serve topped with shavings of Parmesan cheese (omit if dairy free)
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy