Now my little ones is hitting the 2 year old mark, she has become a little fussy (just like her brother) in the eating vegetables club (or perhaps that she be the not eating vegetables club). So I am becoming more experimental with adding vegetables (especially greens) into thinks she might be likely to eat, also if I can get my oldest to eat them too, then it has got to be a bonus. Both my kids love sweet potato and both of them love cheddar too, so what better way to hide some greens than in these yummy broccoli and cheddar patties, but not only that, these are yummy for adults too.
Broccoli and Cheddar Patties
- 400 g /14oz of sweet potato cubed
- 250 g /9oz of frozen broccoli
- 90 g /3oz of strong cheddar
- black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- in spray oil I use olive oil a misto sprayer
- Place sweet potato above some boiling hot water in a steam and steam until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the steam and steam for a couple of mins just to slightly soften.
- Add this into the sweet potato, along with the cheddar and black pepper and roughly mash to combine all together. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the beaten egg and mix.
- Form into equal sized patties, you can make these any size you choose, small for little hands or slightly bigger for adults.
- Place on a greased baking tray and spray over the top with some olive oil. Bake in the oven till golden on both sides, approx 30-40mins (carefully flip over half way through cooking time)
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy