These yummy Chicken Meatballs in Hoisin Sauce are great served with a variety of sides. Ours personal favorites are rice, noodles or even oven baked chips with some stir fried shredded vegetables.
- for the meatballs:
- 500/17.5 g/oz ground chicken
- black pepper
- for the barbecue sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- To Serve:
- Some finely chopped spring onions
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Add the ingredients for the meatballs to a large bowl and bind together, form into balls..
- Place meatballs in a oven proof dish and bake for 15 mins, till lightly golden.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to a saucepan and heat until it thickens.
- Pour marinade over the meatballs.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 mins, basting once with the sauce.
- Serve topped with spring onion and your choice of sides
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy