My kids love waffles and they love French toast, so there is nothing better than this combination of Mini French Toast Waffles.
I just made a single serving the first time I made these for my youngest, but this recipe can easily be double or tripled up and a batch made in advance to freeze. That way all you need to do, is just heat in the oven at 180c/350f until warmed.
Toppings are entirely up to you, my kids love blueberries and strawberries, but these will go well with pretty much any fruit, and for a even more decadent treat for your kids, they are great brushed with some melted butter and served with a drizzle of maple syrup or ice cream. I have this black and decker waffle maker which works perfectly, but any waffle iron should work in a similar way.
Mini French Toast Waffles
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread or other bread of choice
- 1/4 cup of milk can use a dairy free alternative
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs of butter or coconut oil melted
- pinch of cinnamon
- Add to bowl the milk, egg, butter (or coconut oil) and pinch of cinnamon.
- Whisk to combine
- Remove crusts from bread (my kids prefer it like this, but you can try with if you prefer), then cut bread into 4 equal sized squares.
- Place bread in a shallow dish and pour on top the egg mixture.
- Rotate the slices just to coat evenly, and then leave for approx 15 mins, so that the bread soaks up all the mixture.
- Heat waffle iron
- Place the 4 squares of soaked bread onto the waffle iron and cook till golden.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
These can then just be heated in the oven when required for a few mins at 180c/350f
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy