My son loves spaghetti bolognese and this is a great dishes for me to sneak lots of veggies onto his plate. My little one really enjoys it too, even if it does make a mess. Well a mess is an understatement. My kitchen area looks like a pot has been throw around a few times by the time she is done. Seeing her enjoy it though is worth it.
- 600g of lean beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 200g of button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 500ml of passata
- 200ml of low sodium beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato pasta (use no salt varieties)
- sprinkling of dried rosemary, oregano and basil
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Add the olive oil to a large pot over a medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry until softened.
Add in the beef mince and break up with the back of a wooden spoon as it browns. Once browned. Add in the carrot, courgettes, mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins.
Add the tomato paste, passata, stock, dried herbs and a splash of balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 40 mins.
Serve with cooked pasta and top with some chopped Italian parsley (omit for fussy kids) and grated Parmesan and for those of you with kids who are baby led weaning. Be prepared for the mess as they tuck in and enjoy, lol.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy