Breakfast is by far my daughters favorite meal of the day, she is always so ravenous and I am kind of pleased, as it means she eats well, which keeps her well fueled for the rest of the day and of course they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right?
If she is at home, I always try and make sure my kids breakfast consists of a good source of protein and some kind of starch. I tend to avoid cereals, as most are high in sugar and don’t really satiate kids very well. This carrot, parsnip and potato hash is a great side to make to pair up with bacon, eggs or my Sausage Patties
If you prefer you can form these into little patties before placing on the baking tray, but I like to just spread it all out as one big hash and then just slice some and serve.
Carrot, Parsnip and Potato Hash
- 1 large potato grated (squeeze of excess liquid)
- 1 large carrot grated (squeeze of excess liquid)
- 1 large parsnip grated
- 1 egg
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the potato, parsnip, carrot and spring onion to a bowl
- season with a little salt and black pepper
- Add in the egg and mix well to combine
- Spread out on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins, hash should be nice and golden.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I’D LOVE TO SEE IT!
Snap a photo and hashtag #littlegrazers or tag me @littlegrazers on Instagram!
© All images and content on Little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots.
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask:
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy